I have decided that I absolutely love the lunch lady/ office lady at our school. She is the most attentive and sweet lady. We both decided we would do our best to communicate with each other and it usually involves a mix of Japanese and English. (Honestly, when did I ever learn how to say something like, "I'm trying to print from the computer, but the printer isn't responding" or "There's a jam in the copier". Somehow, we manage to communicate and she NEVER makes me feel stupid.
On the other hand...there is a teacher who shall remain nameless. He is not an evil man. I just think that he is intimidated by me (the native English speaker). I have only been to his class 3 times. One of those was today and I had to find out from the other English teacher about it. The worst part of it, is that the city's board of education was here today to evaluate our classes. The class and its content had been planned weeks ago. I knew about the class with my regular teacher, but I had to hear it from him less than an hour before class was to start with the other teacher.
We managed to get through it, but I know that it could have been a lot better.
I think that we were supposed to have some kind of meeting, but everyone has disappeared and no one has told me where I'm supposed to be. So I'm sticking to my desk and we-writing the speeches for the students who will enter the speech contest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment