I've recently been staying up too late or just haven't been able to sleep. I don't know if it's a change in weather, anticipation of summer break, or something else. Whatever it is, it has left me absolutely exhausted!
Yesterday I had a full day of elementary school. I had been dreading this visit because one of the classes had been awful before. When I got to school, I was informed that this class had a substitute teacher (this didn't sound good, but I thought I'd give it a go anyway). I was also told that I was scheduled to eat lunch with this class.
Well, I have to say that I absolutely love the substitute teacher and I hope that she will stay. There was such an improvement in the class. I actually had an enjoyable visit! Also, the two students who were the worst kids before, somehow decided to be nice to me (I was still on my guard). I am hoping that this is a sign of good things to come.
So, yesterday was successful, but elementary school is always draining. The weather is hot and humid, so it doesn't help.
Last night, I went out with three other ALTs for our weekly dinner at Saizeriya. After that, I came home and went to bed. I actually slept for 10 hours!! It felt really nice to do that, but I think that I could have slept longer!
Anyways, nothing else to report. Oh yeah, as with other things that are sometimes strange in this country, this could be interesting. In Japan, there is a tendency to shorten everything. For example: hana yori dango becomes "hana-dan" or sexual harrassment becomes "seku-hara". Well, I saw a new one today that made me giggle: toilet paper is now apparently "toi-pe". I understand that there is an emphasis on saving the environment by not wasting things, but does it really have to be carried over to saving syllables?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment