Sunday, June 15, 2008

I Have No Class

It's another fun day at work today. OK, so I'm being sarcastic again.
The main English teacher (or at least the teacher who likes to use the resources available to him), is away for a few days.
I had hoped to have at least a class or two today. I haven't been able to do much with the student teachers around. Thankfully, they have finished their stay here.
Tomorrow I have an elementary school visit. I like the main teacher there. She's very nice to me. I also like the teaching schedule there. What I don't like, is the fact that I will have to teach the bad class again tomorrow. I am hoping and praying for two things. The first, is that their class will be the first class I teach, so that I can just get it out of the way (the students aren't that awake for the first class anyway). The second, is that at least the really bad girl will be out "sick" tomorrow. Seriously, I'm thinking that one of the characters from the movie Mean Girls is inspiration for this girl! I have to remind myself that I am the teacher and she is the student. I also have to remember that no matter what I am thinking or feeling inside, I should never let her see when she is getting to me (a problem for someone who wears her heart on her sleeve).
At any rate, I'm going to try to not even think about it until tomorrow.
In the meantime, I should enjoy today. Even though I have no classes to go to, I can be thankful that it isn't hectic. Honestly, for a Monday, it really isn't a bad way to start the week ^_^

No comments: