I had two classes today. Woo Hoo! I'm happy to have had something to do today. The next three days, however, will be busy. I have three elementary visits back to back (to back? Not sure of the proper grammar here). I also have three elementary visits scheduled for next week, too. I think that I will be ready for a vacation after that.
As usual, I am feeling over-dressed among the teachers today. Aside from the principal and vice-principal, I am the only one not in jeans, long shorts, capris or track suits. I actually wore capris to work two weeks ago (but changed before school started). You would have thought that I colored my hair blue from some of the reactions that I got. So I don't understand why I can't wear capris, but the other teachers can wear shorts. Someone please explain this to me. Maybe I should just go get a track suit (or not).
Well, I think that the weekend was productive (sort of). I was in fight mode on Saturday: No more roaches!!! It was very hot and I had the fan going, but it is also rainy season here, so it's very humid. I got quite the work out scrubbing floors and walls on Saturday. I even moved some furniture. I got everything except the refrigerator area and the "stove". I scrubbed and scrubbed. My place smells like oranges from the orange cleaner (I hope that roaches don't like oranges). After scrubbing all of the floors and walls, I put out new traps. I'm hoping and praying that this is sufficient.
On Saturday, I also got most of my laundry done. I even washed the kitchen rugs. Unfortunately, before the rugs could dry, it started raining (very hard), so my rugs are still hanging on the balcony. I might just have to re-wash them.
Stupid roaches.
Yesterday, I slept in. I was sick most of the day. I think that I got too hot and inhaled too many fumes on Saturday. So, I basically vegged all day. I even tried to go to bed at a normal hour, but the rain started coming down so hard and the frogs decided to sing with the pouring rain. I was still staring at my clock at 1:30 this morning. :+( On the bright side of things, my lesson tonight has been canceled, so I can chill tonight, too. ^_^
Sometimes I wish that I could leave the school when I'm done for the day. Sometimes I wish that I could go for a walk outside of school during a free period. I'm starting to feel stifled.
I've decided that cities don't bother me very much, but when it comes to living space, I do like the wider (than Japan standard) area for living.
That's the end of this rambling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment