By now you all know how completely bored I am today.
The good news, is that I got TWO phone calls at work! Hey, it's exciting for me.
I rarely get calls at work. When I do, it's usually my supervisor who is calling. Mr. Aono called me this morning to tell me that he needs my help in August for interviewing. I guess that new teachers are being interviewed. As a native English speaker, I get to test their knowledge. It could be fun.
After that call, I received another call from the elementary school that I will visit tomorrow. They wanted to know if I can bring some American money to school tomorrow. They think it would be nice for the kids to see American money. I have a lot of coins, but as far as paper goes, I've only got 1s and 5s. It should be enough though.
The crazy lady is behind me talking to herself again. She is singing and making some very strange noises. This time, there was actually the smallest of reactions from the teacher at the desk in front of me. We made eye contact and then almost burst out laughing. Currently, we are both trying to "concentrate" so as not to laugh.
It's not funny that she's crazy, but given this environment, one has to appreciate the humor.
School lunch was interesting today. The shark was good, but I'm not really sure what some of the other things were. I do know that my stomach didn't like the heavy starch and it feels like it is ready to explode. I still don't see how Japanese school lunches are healthy. They are heavy on the starch and everyone races to finish their food (teachers included). So the amount of air that is gulped down can not be good for anyone.
So that's really all I have left to say about my Monday so far. I will try to spare you all any further ramblings (for today, at least).
Take 'er cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment