Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Stuff

This past weekend, my friend Claudia came to visit. I really wasn't sure what to expect because we have always had another friend with us whenever we've done anything before. Also, I had previously canceled on her during Golden Week.
Well, I really don't know why I'm such a Worry-Wart. We had the best time! I really enjoyed spending time with her.
I've decided that I like living near Tokyo. It has allowed me to have a few visitors and to get to know these friends better. I only wish that they didn't live so far away from me.
I took two days off of work while Claudia was here. Our school still has student teachers, so there is nothing for me to do, except to sit at my desk. I'm not even allowed to observe the teachers unless they (the student teachers) say it's ok. Of course, they are all so nervous to begin with, so throwing in a native speaker probably wouldn't help matters. If it were me, though, I would want as much feed-back as possible. Needless to say, I am trying to be very creative at looking busy.
Sometimes I wonder why I am getting paid. On days like today, I rush to work in the monsoon, bring extra clothes because there is no chance of me getting to school even half-dry, rush to change my clothes...only to sit at my desk all day.
Oh well, I'm available if needed. I actually helped one of the teachers work through a grammar point today, but that took all of 2 minutes at my desk. After which, he thanked me in French. He said a few more words before I responded. Seriously, it freaks him out to speak English to me, so he speaks in French. It freaks him out even more if I respond. It's kind of fun to watch him squirm sometimes.
Well, I have a lot of time n my hands today, but I am really tired. It was raining so hard, that the noise woke me up at 4:30 this morning and I have been awake ever-since. Not to mention that I didn't go to bed until midnight. PLUS, it's Thursday. That means that I have to hurry home to teach two English lessons. I won't finish up until 9 tonight. :+( I'm seriously considering canceling my second lesson and just calling it an early night, but I'm still undecided.
Anyway, I'm sure that I'll have more to talk about later (as in today). I'm here with nothing else to do.

No comments: