We haven't actually been teaching classes yet, but I feel like I am finally getting into a groove. People and places are starting to become familiar to me. It's not so overwhelming!
I am also getting along well with my coworkers. I think when we first got here, everyone was hot, tired, and a little cranky (yes, including me).
Now that things are a little less threatening and we are getting our feel for what life will be in Hasuda, we are able to focus on getting to know our colleagues/neighbors.
I have to say that, at first, I thought that I was really going to clash with Katlin, but she is turning out to be such an AWESOME person. I seriously misjudged her and for that, I am sorry.
I realized right away how important it would be for all of us to get along. We don't have to be best friends, but it helps if we are able to enjoy each other. Considering that she is the only other female JET in our town, it's important that we get along.
So I am happy and content, because it seems like I am living and working with a great bunch of people who like to have fun, but will do a good job here as well.
I think I will feel a little sad when we start going to our individual schools, rather than going as a group to one school. We are starting to feel like a little family now and that feels good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment