Saturday, August 25, 2007

Today...

...I have done absolutely nothing. I did do some cleaning and some laundry, but stopped because it's so hot inside my apartment. (If anyone is deciding to come to Japan, please refrain from coming in July or August unless you love hot and humid weather)
I decided to break down and have a soda today, because I have consumed so much water. After cleaning, I wanted something a little different. I also decided to walk to the vending machine instead of to the store. (For those who don't know, there are vending machines everywhere in Japan. I will probably blog about that later). When I stepped outside, I realized that it was probably 10 degrees cooler outside my apartment than inside. So after coming back to my apartment, I thought that I would finish up my laundry and then maybe wander around town where it was cooler.
I finally finished the last of my work (MAYBE 20 minutes later), I walk outside, and it is now hotter outside than in my apartment. I don't get it. At that point I decided to shut myself in the one room I do have with A/C and watch one of the few movies I brought with me.
I have to say, watching a Christmas movie and thinking about snow made me feel cooler.
(I know, I'm a nerd).
So yeah. Today= nothing accomplished. I feel a little guilty, but it also feels good not to be working so much.

No comments: