Wednesday, April 16, 2008

If Dreams Came True

Have you ever had one of those dreams that you just didn't want to wake up from? Your sleep is deep and your dreams are sweet, but your alarm goes off and all you want to do is go back to sleep and finish your dream? I had one of those dreams last night. It was so nice and I was so happy in my dream, that I really didn't want to wake up and face reality.
In real life, I have been craving that closeness that I had with my ex. While I do have close friends, I just don't have that same connection with anyone else that I had with my ex. I don't know if I ever will have that again. In my dream, I had a friend who, after sometime, we became very close. That friend had everything I was looking for. That friend was also a man, so (in my dream) we began dating.
This "friend" was only part of my mind's creation, but I was so happy. In my dream, I went somewhere with a group of people. I was told that I couldn't go into a particular restaurant because I was poor. The hostess reinforced this by pointing to my shoes and saying that only a really poor person would wear those shoes. There were three others with me. We couldn't buy fashionable shoes in Japan, because they don't sell women's shoes that are bigger than a size 8 (I think). In my dream, I was angry and embarrassed. Being poor had nothing to do with my choice of shoes. Rather, being limited to choices or not having any choices resulted in my lack of fashionable shoes. I simply can NOT change my shoe size. In the waking world, I have struggled with the shoe issue. Especially in Japan. I've never been discriminated because of my foot size, but at least I can understand how that appeared in my dreams last night. Anyway, I was talking to my friend in the dream and he had a friend who worked at an international shoe store. He took me to the shoe store where I found several pairs of shoes. In real life I had to buy a pair of pink and white sneakers (I really don't like light pink). In my dream, this friend said, I also found a pair of orange and white sneakers, because I remembered you said that you wanted some. I also found a bag that matches them. This gesture and thoughtfulness touched me. It seemed so real. I did not want to wake up.
Of course, there was so much more that happened in my dream. I did not want to wake up! I had that feeling of finally connecting with someone, having someone in my life who really understood and accepted me, AND I was able to get shoes!
I fully understand WHY women would want to meet the "man of their dreams". If I were to find a man like this man, I would be very happy.
I completely understand that this was ONLY a dream. I am NOT on a hunt for a man (I think that I am too jaded), but I could be persuaded to change my mind for this man ^_^

No comments: