Does anyone ever really know what they REALLY want to do?
There are so many things that I want to do. The one thing that I want to do more than anything else would not provide for me. (I had a chance to make money at it years ago, but I was not willing to sell out and become something I wasn't for a "shot at being big".
Anyway, there are so many things to try and do. I'm just not sure where I fit into all of this. I want something that I will enjoy, can excel in, can pay the bills, and possibly allow me to travel. Is that too much to ask?
Sometimes I think that I should continue my education and work towards a Master's. Other times, I think that I need to try and find something that will suit me and that I can work at for awhile. After all, I don't want to be starting a career five years before retirement age. ;+)
I love my current situation. I think a lot of my attitude about it, is that I am accomplishing something that I have always wanted to do. I knew ahead of time that it was temporary. I am pleased with that. I am choosing another year of this life, but I will most likely, not choose a third year. I don't want to become burnt out. Also, I've learned to truly appreciate where I come from (even its flaws). I even decided today that, if I could find a job that I like and that pays enough, I would even consider moving back to my hometown(I know that some people will probably keel over from reading this and knowing how I feel about my hometown). Of course, I would have to have at least 2 weeks vacation and make enough where I could afford to go to Hawaii, Boston, Disney World, or something. I need to be able to have the time and the money.
As a single person, I don't expect that it should be too difficult. I think that I just have to find a place where the cost of living isn't astronomical.
So yeah, I'm thinking "out loud" this way. Just looking for some answers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment