So far, I am comfortable at my new school. A little too comfortable.
I've been feeling guilty because, even though I have been busy with other things, I only had 7 classes this week (all with the same teacher).
I've worked and played on my computer and I've read a book. I've definitely got a lot of down time.
I'm not complaining, I just feel guilty. I would like to have some classes with the other teacher though. There are two classes that I haven't been in yet and I have been at this school for three weeks sow.
I think that next week, I am just going to be bold and ask him if I can have classes with him next week.
In the meantime, I have walked several extra miles this week. I have also put in a little extra time because of elementary visits after my normal junior high days. Add this to the increased business of this week, and I'm exhausted.
In Japan, there is a string of 5 days that are national holidays. This is usually referred to as Golden Week. This year, it's more like two half weeks. Most people come to Tokyo or go to Kyoto for the holidays. There are also a lot of people who travel outside of the country.
I honestly can't imagine Tokyo having more people milling about than are already here. That's just insane!
Anyway, my friend Tomoko sent me a text late Wednesday night. She found a tour to Taiwan that is 5 days, 4 nights, flight, hotel, some meals, a massage, a one day tour, and a party for $298 (+ tax)! It's one of those last minute deals and the agency wanted the tour to be full. The hotel isn't fancy, but that's about the same price as it is for me to go to Osaka round trip! Needless to say, I am really excited about going to another country.
As a child, I dreamed of traveling the world (mostly because we rarely went anywhere other than Idaho [that's not very exciting if it's only the next state over] to see family). I have only been to Canada (B.C.) and to Japan. I am really excited about seeing another country and getting another stamp in my passport! The cool thing about this is that I only have to use one of my paid days off. For $300, I don't have high expectations, so I'm probably going to be pleasantly surprised.
I will definitely let you know how the trip pans out.
That's all for now...it's going to be another Friday night in bed before 10. Which brings me to this question. Why is it that I can never get to sleep before midnight during the week when I have to wake up early the following morning, but on Fridays, I tend to be in bed early? It doesn't seem right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment