Ramen again. I'm quite sure that we have had some form of ramen at least 10 times in the past 2 months. It's not that I don't like ramen, it's that the "soup" that is made to put it in is far too salty. Aside from that, I am not very adept to eating ramen "properly". I can't slurp my noodles (the right way to eat noodles in Japan) and I always manage to splash someone else in the process of trying to eat it. The one saving grace now, is that I have at least managed to eat noodles with chopsticks. As embarrassing as these lunches are for me, I think that it's probably very entertaining for my coworkers. In fact, I know that there are times when they openly tease me. I just smile and do my best. (Gotta love me).
Today, I had a difficult time wake up this morning. I was up, but I just couldn't wake up. I had everything prepped last night. When I did my hair this morning, I somehow grabbed the wrong scrunchy. Not really such a bad thing since most of my colors are neutrals, but somehow today, I ended up with a burgundy scrunchy and a coral colored blouse. It's not bad, but it's not my first choice. I thought that I had reached for the beige or black scrunchy. I don't even remember pulling this one out of the basket recently. Also, I put on white socks and am wearing black pants (that are a little short because I had to buy them online before finding out they were too short). So I feel like I am trying to revive the Michael Jackson look (yes, my shoes are black. All I need is a white t-shirt and a black fedora to complete the ensemble. Then again, MJ wasn't wearing a burgundy scrunchy ;+)
I was cornered today by one of the teachers (who also wasn't busy). It seems that Japanese people are really fascinated by women who are 25+ and not married. Once they find out that I have no boyfriend, they want to know what's wrong with me, or if I'm gay. I expected to be asked these questions, but as soon as I told her that I don't have a boyfriend, I just said that I was enjoying being single. She then said "Oh, so you don't have a boyfriend in Hasuda." I told her no and that I had been in a very long-term relationship but was no longer in one. I told her that I didn't feel a need to rush into anything right now and that I just wanted to enjoy being single.
This answer seemed to please her. Then she looked at me with a twinkle in her eyes and said, "God has someone special for you and you will know it when the time is right". I was a little surprised to hear this from her. This is Japan, so I don't usually hear a Japanese person refer to God. It was culture shock for me (or would it be reverse-culture shock?). At any rate, it was a refreshing change to hearing all about how I am old and need to find a man to take care of me. Or that if I become too independent, no man will want me...etc, etc, etc. But you know, I think that she is right. I'm sure that there is someone out there for me and when I am ready, I will look for him. In the meantime, I am content with my life. Besides, how unfair would it be to start up a relationship (long-distance or not) when I have no idea myself, where I will be (literally) in 2 years!? I've narrowed it down to the US, but I can't narrow down to whether or not I will go to grad school, or look for a "real" job, or something else. I put my life on hold for someone for so long and I would not want the same for someone else.
Basically, it would take a very unique and patient man to deal with me. I have a feeling that he is the one who might be ready for me, but that I still have a lot of things to improve on ...and I'm fine with that. ^_^
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment