Wednesday, May 28, 2008

moving

After hours, days, and months of reflection and writing about it, I had devised a semi-plan for my life. No sooner had I posted my blog, than my best friend got online and i.m.ed me to tell me that he is moving. There are no details, just that he is moving.
I'm a little sad. I'm out of the country, and I knew that it was a matter of time before he would leave. I just didn't expect it to be so soon. I had hoped to see him at Christmas when I will be home next. It's selfish of me to want to see him, but I know that his family is in another state. I'm happy for him that he will be closer to his family. I don't think that he realizes that I am happy and supportive of him.
Sometimes, when we make changes, it doesn't mean that we are giving up. Sometimes, it is a means of survival, sometimes, it is to better ourselves, and many times, it is necessary. Usually though, it's a growing process. Whatever his reasons, I just want him to know that I don't begrudge him for leaving my hometown.

No comments: