Saturday, February 2, 2008

Wiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!

For those of you who couldn't guess from the title of this post, I did it. I bought a Nintendo Wii!
While I was home for Christmas, I was able to play a little Wii at my friends house. I had no idea how addicting it would be.
I've been thinking for quite awhile, that it would be nice to have some kind of updated game system to play with. (The "newest" system that I owned until yesterday was an N64). So I decided that I would save up some money and help the Japanese economy by purchasing a Wii.
My Wii didn't come with any games, but I bought Mario Galaxy (fun!) and Wii Sports. My friend and her boyfriend went with me to make sure that I got everything I needed as well as to help me with any language difficulties should they arise. (I'm glad they went, because the woman was hesitant about selling the Wii to me. It operates on a different region coding than the Wiis in the US. She wanted to make sure that I knew that. Of course, I did know that, but it was easier with someone helping me).
We all played the Wii for about 5 hours last night and have plans to play again tonight. I do like the fact that playing the Wii is a lot more interactive and physical than any other game. I am even thinking about investing in the "Wii Fit" later. For now though, I am enjoying my two games and the small boost in my social life that they brought ^_^
This is my happy post. Next time, I will talk about the scary school lunches of last week.

No comments: