Eariler this week, one of my conversation students mentioned that her daughter would like to take me to an ikebana lesson (flower arranging) on Saturday. I had never met her daughter, but I had heard a lot about her through my conversations with Yoko. I decided to branch out and have an adventure.
Tomoko came over on Friday night to introduce herself in person (we had sent texts a few times before). I instantly liked her and knew that we would have a fun day in Tokyo.
I met Tomoko yesterday at the Hasuda train station. We went to a famous fish market in Tokyo and had sushi for lunch. We also went past a famous kabuki theater. I took a few pictures, but we didn't see a show. Then, we went to an ikebana lesson. It was presented in English and there were a few native English speakers there as well as Japanese speakers who wanted to improve their English. It was a lot of fun.
After the ikebana lesson, we went for coffee and cake. We also went to the 35th floor of a building downtown and had a wonderful view of the city. After that, Tomoko introduced me to a bookstore in Tokyo that has the largest section of imported books. I was so happy!
Finally, our time in Tokyo ended. We came back to Hasuda and I had dinner with Tomoko's family. I really enjoyed my time. I felt like I was with family last night and I am very thankful for the opportunities that I have been given. ^_^
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment