No, I haven't misplaced anything. I was just thinking about some of the things that I am missing from home.
Today, I made-do with what I had/could find/was sent to me and I made "Mexican food". I say it like that because it was not really anything like what I would be able to make nor was it anything like I could find at a restaurant back home. Granted, it was probably healthier than what I would have made and it was good. It just wasn't what I was craving. :+( I was able to successfully make tortillas though, so I was happy about that.
One of my friends came over for dinner tonight. She is getting ready to go to New Zealand for a year to study English. She is very nervous and I haven't been able to hang out with her since Christmas, so I invited her over to practice English and to have dinner. She seemed very impressed with the tortillas, so I was happy to give her the recipe. We started talking about popular foods in our countries and how there usually becomes a fast food version. I was explaining Taco Bell to her and then started to think about the many different foods I can access in the US. Italian, Mexican, Thai, Chinese, Japanese, French, West Indian, etc...many of which we can't enjoy here. While it's true that I miss (some of) the food back home, what I miss most, is the opportunity to make choices.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment