Saturday, September 29, 2007

Frustrated

In addition to the lotion disaster earlier this week, I am frustrated over the events of today. It is Saturday in Japan. Originally, we were supposed to have our sports festival today.
There was a light drizzle outside, but I didn't think anything of it (since they still have school in a typhoon). When I got to school, I discovered that the festival was canceled, but that we were going to have our normal Monday schedule instead (the festival would be moved to Monday). Everyone else seemed to know what was going on except me. It was so frustrating!
I was dressed in a t-shirt and capris (not acceptable for classroom attire) but it was over-looked today. I was frustrated because nobody told me what was going on.
Also, most of the teachers didn't use me today (I went to two classes). I have been fighting a terrible head cold, so at 12:30, I asked if I could go home. I was told that I would have to use 4 hours paid-time off to do so. I agreed. First of all, IT'S A SATURDAY! Why do I need to use PTO for a Saturday? Second, I only had 3 1/2 hours remaining of my work day, so why do I have to take 4 hours? Lastly, why couldn't somebody call me to tell me that there had been a change? I would have dressed appropriately. Our school has 3 English teachers, plus a few others who can speak English. Is it really that difficult to keep me informed?
The good news though, is that I was allowed to go home early. This enabled me to get some much needed rest. I slept for almost 3 hours.
I think that I am pretty much going to veg until Monday. On Monday, we are supposed to try again for the sports festival. I think that, no matter what, I will take a change of clothes with me. I will be prepared!

No comments: