It's the last week of school!
I'm both relieved and sad. It's sad because I will have to change schools again. Tomorrow is my last day at this school.
I'm very relieved, because there will be no more classes for the summer (I still have to work, but it will mostly be at the air conditioned city hall). I still have a lot to do, but I won't have to get up quite so early (I'm hoping).
I'm very excited, because I have survived my first year in Japan! I really hope that this next year goes by quickly, too. I'm anxious to get a career started.
I'm very happy and thankful to have this opportunity here, but I am also more thankful of the opportunities (I hope) that I will have as a result of being in Japan.
It's on days like today, when I wish that I was back home. It is so hot and humid here! I still haven't figured out the hows or whys to operating the A/C here. There are times when it hasn't been this hot and the A/C has been on. It's so hot right now, and it's really hard to breathe because of the humidity. I'm not really sure why they won't turn on the A/C in the teacher's room.
It's another mystery of Japan. At least, I could spend sometime in a shop or at the mall in a cool area back home. Also, chances of working at an air conditioned place (that will actually USE it), would be pretty good.
I've been really tired already (I haven't been feeling well). It's the last week of school. I keep getting asked to do stuff. I have lots of lessons this week. And I have guests from out of town. I'm happy that they are here, but I feel bad because I can't spend any time with them yet. Late at night when they're home and want to watch a movie, I am too tired to make it through the movie. I feel bad for them, but I am also functioning on about 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night. Add the heat and humidity to that and I'm already feeling worn out :+(
Oh well, this will change soon.
I think that the idea of no school is very nice. It will keep me going trough the rest of the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment