I'm feeling absolutely exhausted.
The heat and humidity are starting to kick in. Also, I've had an insane amount of elementary school visits. Sandwiched between the elementary visits lately, are no-class days at my junior high. This week, it's because of testing. There's always some excuse. I do get to visit one teacher's classes, but the other teacher is just really odd and only uses me to record tests. He did use me a few weeks ago when the board of education came to watch his lessons.
Anyway, I also teach language classes, so that's time-consuming. Recently, all I ever want to do is sleep. I thought that I would get to catch up on some sleep during the month of August, but I don't think that's going to happen. It looks like I will be the only ALT who is not going home for the summer. That means more work for me...woo hoo. Yes, I am being sarcastic.
It also seems that anytime it looks like I could possibly get a few spare hours in August, someone plans a meeting or schedules me to be somewhere without consulting me. Technically, I still have almost 2 weeks of vacation left. I had planned to visit my friends in Japan during that time. I also have a friend who will be visiting me. I thought that we would have a lot of time to do some sight-seeing and to hang out, but that's not looking so promising either.
Anyway, I'm exhausted mentally and physically right now.
One nice thing that will happen this weekend though, is that I will get to see my sister. I have to take the bullet train (shinkansen) for three hours, but it will be fun. I also get to stay with my friend, Claudia. I'm really looking forward to it ^_^
Maybe I can get some rest in a few years...ha ha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment