Summer has been busy. It has mostly been hot and humid.
We have a new ALT. The other new ALT will arrive at the end of the month.
So far, I'm not all that impressed with the person who has just arrived. Although, if he would listen more than speaking, he might have a chance.
I honestly didn't expect perfection, but I did have higher expectations. It's been one week and we've already had two incidents.
The first was when he "forgot" to tell me that I was supposed to go to work with him (even though I asked him several times). He called me 5 minutes before the time I should have been there to tell me that he "forgot". Thankfully, I now have a schedule, so that can be avoided again.
The second involves a stolen bike. I don't like to be a nag, but I will admit that in the past week, I was sounding like a broken record: "You HAVE to lock up your bike. It's the biggest crime in this town. If you don't lock it, it WILL get stolen." Guess who hunted me down yesterday to tell me that his bike was stolen? Yup. You got it. Why on earth would you park a bike across the street from the train station, leave a grocery bag in the basket, and not lock it up? It may be a safe neighborhood, but it's also common sense to lock it. He will (hopefully) learn a lesson from this.
In the meantime, I could go on for a couple of hours about my complaints, but I'd rather not focus on them.
I will say that I don't like to have people drop by my apartment unannounced when I've already explained that I have an old woman who is stalking me for English lessons and the Jehovah's Witnesses who know where the ALTs live and harass them from time to time. I told certain people to text or call (it's free for us). I'm not going to answer my door all of the time. This is the only safe haven that I have and I'm not going to give that up! That also doesn't mean that, even though you can see my light on, that you can text me at 12:15 AM and then not have the courtesy to respond when I ask a follow-up question. That's just RUDE!
Anyway, I am really looking forward to seeing the returning ALTs. It's been too quiet without them here.
Also, I am especially looking forward to the winter holidays. Vacation, vacation, VACATION! Not only that, but I will be somewhere that I can blend in a little more than I do here.
ANYWAY...I'm just a little grumbly today. Don't mind me. I will find a way to work through this.
I shall look for that silver lining in the clouds. I shall make lemonade out of lemons. I shall shut up now ;+)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment