Saturday, March 8, 2008

Unexpected Surprise

Recently, I have felt completely out of the loop as far as what is hot and what is not back home. Not that I pay too much attention. When you are bombarded with sounds and images everywhere you go, it is hard not to know what is popular.
Well, after moving to a country that is very different from my native land, I have recently felt out of touch. I used to be the one who was always up-to-date on music. That changed when I started school, but I was still knowledgeable about a lot of artists. Now, I don't even think that I could identify five songs from the Top 40. If I go to popular music television sites, they often can't play a song or video "outside of the United States because of copyright protection laws". No joke.
CDs are also usually very expensive here, so I don't want to buy something that may or may not sound pleasing to my ears.
So today, I was completely shocked when a friend sent me some music! It is upbeat and perfect for feeling energized for a new season. Not only that, but I feel like it's a link to the world outside of my bubble. ^_^

No comments: