Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Not My Finest Moment

For those of you who know me, you know that I am the epitome of grace. Yeah, I was rolling on the floor from that, too. Anyway, some how, I hurt my back (I think playing Wii...I know, I know!). Well, earlier this winter, I bought what I thought and hoped were hand-warmers, but they are the big sticky pads that you can use for sore muscles. I decided that a sore back was the perfect use for these.
I stuck a heated pad on my lower back and went to school. I didn't think too much about it other than that I was happy that it seemed to be helping. It was still on when I started my walk home. I don't know how, when or why it happened, but somehow, the pad lost it's stickiness and started to fall. I was hoping for a quick fall so that it would just slide through my pant leg, I could pick it up and nobody would have to know anything. But nooooo, as it begins to fall down my back, it falls down my underwear. It was sticky side to my clothes, so it stopped and I couldn't move it. By this time I was walking by the park where a lot of my students were playing. (I'm so happy I had a big hoodie on). Well, I also discovered that when the padded part is in direct contact with your skin, it becomes hotter than usual. I'm sure that I was walking strange trying to avoid a burnt backside. I was very happy though when I got home and was able to take it off.
I learned my lesson though. Take it off before leaving the house or school!
That's all.

No comments: