Thursday, October 18, 2007

Today Was Good

Today was good, because yesterday was good.
I didn't have to go to my junior high school yesterday, because I had an all day elementary school visit, followed by a workshop. We finished the workshop around 5:00.
At 7:00, I had my Wednesday night conversation group. Everyone was finally relaxed and the night went smoothly. EVERYONE said that they really enjoyed the time there and that the activity was good. I always become stressed when I try to plan activities for this class, because the English abilities are so diverse.
I had another elementary school visit and only 2 hours at my junior high today (to occupy a desk). I also had my Thursday night class, but forgot that the second half was canceled this week. (I'm losing my mind).
I will (hopefully) get to bed earlier tonight and be able to survive Friday. I really do like my job, but I am ready for the weekend.
The one thing that is fun about my job, is that students who don't talk to me in class because they are too shy, suddenly find courage to run up to me and say "hi" when we are outside of school. I like this, because there are often parents around when this happens and it reminds me that learning often extends outside of the classroom and involves others (me included).

No comments: