As you might notice from my title, I happen to like alliterations. I guess it's the nerd in me.
Keeping up with me nerdiness, I spent my last Friday night in Spokane at a Harry Potter Party with my sister and friends. It was fun because the group I was with was a lot of fun. We went to one party, but had our books reserved at another place. We partied until midnight and then went and stood in line for an hour to get our books. Again, the people I was with made it fun and interesting. For some reason, I reacted to the butter beer (not beer, but definitely full of alcohol), and it caused me to serenade my friends. I only had one drink, but I think that I should lay off of the alcohol for awhile. At least for the sake of my friends.
I feel guilty for going and I know that I shouldn't because it was quality time spent with friends and family. I spent so much time away from packing and cleaning that I am freaking out about never finishing. I know that I will finish though, because I work well under pressure. That does not excuse my procrastination though.
In the meantime, I have managed to lose two new pairs of shoes. I must have two pairs of shoes that have never been worn outside for my new job in Japan (my wabaki).This is terrible for me because I have big feet and will not be able to buy shoes in Japan. I had an idea of how to pack both of my suitcases, but now that I can't find my shoes, it has derailed my project.
This experience has taught me though, that time is valuable. I have also learned that it is more fun and more rewarding to spend time with friends and loved ones, than to stay in your room and try and cram your life into two suitcases. Honestly, when I look back on this years from now, I am not going to regret hanging out with friends; and no matter how much I prepare, I am quite sure that I will wish I had packed something different than what I did.
Perhaps I should have titled this differently. It might be better said that Potter Party + Procrastination = Precious Memories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment