Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Belated Happy New Year

Here's looking to a promising new year.
One of the great things about a new year is the idea that we can make a change and start fresh. I am looking forward to the many changes this year will bring. I am hoping that they will all be good changes. I am also hoping that some of these changes will lead to some fun adventures.
This year, I will be finishing up my job in Japan. It's both scary and exciting to think of looking for a new job. I have a few months to get things in order. I'm hoping that the US economy will get better before I return, though.
I decided that I need a job that will pay me to travel experience hotels, restaurants, tourist attractions, etc. I wonder if such a job could exist for me? I have a valid passport, an interest in traveling, and there are many places that I've never been to, but want to go to.
On the subject of traveling, I was able to vacation in Hawaii before going home for the holidays. I love Hawaii. This trip was better, because my friend Jessica and her fiance' saw to it to be my (and my sister's) personal tour guides. They went over-the-top...to the point of going sky diving with my sister!!! One of the nicest things, though, was that we were invited to Jessica's family's for Christmas Eve. Jessica is so sweet. After meeting her family, I know where she gets it from. Thank you Jessica and family! ^_^
I think that this trip to Hawaii was the first time that I have gone somewhere and felt like I was able to completely enjoy everything. I also felt thoroughly rested. Going to Hawaii was a great way to finish up last year. I only hope that I can do something just as fun and exciting this year. If not, I look forward to winter of '10 when I plan to go back to Hawaii for Jessica's wedding.

No comments: