Over-worked, overly tired, and happy. That's about where I am at right now.
The fall session of school has started. I absolutely love the school I'm at (minus a few smart-alecs who like to make fun of the big gaijin riding her bike to school or the clothes she is wearing.). The teachers are very kind and most of the students are all around, good kids.
I started two weeks ago and every day, I have put in overtime. I have accumulated enough for about 2 days of paid leave (that's in addition to the 20 I already get^_^).
The students have a speech contest on Tuesday. This school is pretty gung-ho about the contest. It's nice to see the students show excitement about something too. Most of the students have done a tremendous job...far more than I ever expected. There is one who has waited until the last minute to memorize her speech. It's a pity, because I think that she's got talent, but there's not enough time to spend on pronunciation and gestures.
There are also two students who are pretty amazing. They are reciting pieces. If they had written their own speeches, I'm positive they would have placed high.
Finally, there is one student who is an actress. Her English pronunciation is absolutely amazing! She has amazing poise for a 15 year old and her speech is interesting. If I were a betting person, my money would be on her.
The speech contest is on Tuesday. There will be contestants from 5 junior high schools, so it really is anyone's guess who will win. As much effort as I have put into this, I would like to see one or more of my students place. BUT, if that happens, it also means more overtime in working towards the prefectural speech contest and possibly the national speech contest. Oh well, at least all 7 of my students can't place, so I shouldn't have to stay as often and as late, right?
Anyway, I feel very lucky and blessed to be at the school that I am right now. I will try to enjoy this session as much as possible, because the spring/summer session will definitely have challenges that come with it.
For now, as usual lately, I am content with what I have. ^_^
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment