Head colds are no fun.
Being a clean person isn’t necessarily appreciated by your neighbors. (My neighbors have a new habit of vacuuming at 12:45 a.m.)
I was finally able to become acclimated to the hot and humid weather here, so now 50 feels nearly unbearable.
I may live in a country that is superior to anyone else in technology, but the way governments work seems to be universal. (Our school’s computers are outdated. The copy machine is really old, really slow, and really noisy).
My desk is inconveniently placed next to the copier.
Head colds make tend to make things echo in your head. Sitting next to the copier promotes Tylenol moments during test week.
Sitting next to the copier is sometimes better than the water cooler. People gather to talk, so I can sometimes pick up bits and pieces of what is being said.
The copier has special powers. It may be slow and noisy, but it seems to give people confidence to practice some English.
In an unheated/under-heated building, it is nice to feel the extra heat that the copier puts out.
Test week in Japanese schools is boring for me, because I get to sit at my desk all day.
Test week in
I think I am not going to make it through the Japanese language course on the JET time line. I think that my brain is already full.
I don’t have enough hours in my day.
I’m running out of ideas for my Wednesday night English conversation class.
My head feels like it is about to explode. Not from information, but from my cold.
I love my special ed class. I will have lunch with their class tomorrow.
Tonight, we will go to the Chestnut Grove Café and have part 2 of Nick’s birthday celebration. Our students haven’t discovered us there yet, so that’s a good thing.
Okonomiyaki is fun. We went out last night to a local restaurant where they bring you the ingredients and you cook your own food. Thankfully, we had Iggy to help us. He’s a pretty good cook.
I miss turkey.
I miss real hamburgers.
School lunches are adventurous. Sometimes, I just want to play it safe.
I’m happy that I brought my computer to work, but I can’t get internet on it at work.
I ramble way too much.
I should update my journal more often.
This isn’t really an update; it is only a bunch of random thoughts.
I really do wish that my head would quit spinning.
No comments:
Post a Comment